New equipment, automatic trucks, home every weekend! Competitive salary, benefits, 401k with company matching program, PTO, and paid holidays.
Routes are set for four month periods and vary to include delivery to NE, IL, TX, UT and KS. Drivers typically work Sunday-Thursday and are home Friday and Saturday, every week.
Reports to: Traffic Manager
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Driver's License: Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements
Location: Henderson, CO
Travel: Overnight travel required, 3-4 nights/week
Hours: Sunday through Thursday with variable hours
Physical Requirements: DOT physical required every 2 years. Must be able to drive for long periods of time; lift up to 75 pounds frequently; operate equipment; walk across distances within the customer environment and climb stairs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Updated: January 2019
At Birko, we take food safety seriously. Nothing is more important to us than making sure the food chain is secure, safe and pathogen free. The company has over 60 years of service to the food safety industry and manufactures more than 400 concentrated cleaning, sanitation, antimicrobial interventions and process chemical formulations.
Birko’s expertise and innovation in food safety is built on a strong technical foundation and our team of chemists and microbiologists are industry-leading experts. We supply over 60% of the Top 100 U.S. protein companies and 90% of the top 10 U.S. beef processors. Our penetration in the brewery sector is equally strong as evidenced by our many customers who are winners at the Great American Beer Fest! And in produce, our customers span the nation and include companies with household names and trusted products
This is a designated route position with some variety. Routes are set for four month periods and vary to include delivery to NE, IL, TX, UT and KS. Drivers are typically gone 3-4 nights per week and will assist in the warehouse when not on the route. You will have an assigned truck for which you are responsible, reporting repairs required, and taking pride in the appearance because you’re representing Birko.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Safely operating the vehicle in a variety of weather conditions and arriving on-time at delivery and pick up destinations
- Following all DOT driving regulations
- Wrapping, loading and unloading products at customer sites and company warehouses; must be able to lift and move up to 75 pounds repeatedly throughout a delivery day
- Operating and maintaining warehouse equipment (e.g., forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
- Providing great service in face-to-face interactions with customers (e.g., answering questions, troubleshooting issues, responding to specific customer requests, etc.)
- Read, complete and manage shipment documentation
- Completing pre-trip truck inspections, maintaining clean truck, completing trip logs
- Assisting in the warehouse – picking/pulling orders, shrink wrapping products, completing local deliveries, processing shipping/receiving paperwork
- Maintaining ongoing department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations
Birko is an ISO 9001 Certified company. That means there are Standard Operating Procedures that are inherent to our success as a company. All positions require the following:
- Maintaining an awareness of and following procedures
- If procedures fail to result in desired outcome notifying supervisor
- Being involved in updates to procedures and suggesting improvements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Class A CDL and 2 years driving experience + Hazmat and Tanker certifications
- Clean MVR
- Strong sense of customer service
- Ability to operate pallet jack, forklift, and other warehouse equipment
- Ability to successfully interact with customers and be the face of Birko; learn the customers, answer questions, and promote a positive image of the company
- Successfully complete DOT and Birko training related to Birko products
- Ability to develop a good working knowledge of products, inventory control methods and procedures
- Sense of urgency to accomplish tasks and assist others as necessary
- Ability to drive for long periods of time; frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; constantly bend, twist and push while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer. Must pass DOT physical.
- Ability to speak/read/write in English
Please note, Birko conducts pre-employment and random drug screens. In addition, there will be a pre-employment background check.