Administrative Assistant & Receptionist
Administrative Assistant & Receptionist
Reports to: VP, Accounting | Finance | IT
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Driver's License: State driver's license
Location: Henderson, CO
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:45am - 4:45pm
The Receptionist and Administrative Assistant position is responsible for acting as a welcoming and knowledgeable first point of contact with customers, visitors and employees. The incumbent in this position will also provide office, sales and marketing support, order supplies, complete housekeeping duties, and other routine office projects. It is critical that the incumbent acts with a sense of professionalism at all times and communicates frequently about the volume and status of duties. In accordance with Birko’s employee handbook, dress code for this position is business casual (no jeans) except for designated casual days.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Acting as a welcoming and knowledgeable first point of contact with customers, visitors and employees. Greeting and directing visitors, offering water and coffee, notifying internal parties. Gathering and maintaining knowledge of common questions asked by customer callers. Answering the phone (no later than second ring) and directing calls. Maintaining knowledge of what kinds of calls go to voicemail. Gathering and keeping information about expected visitors and deliveries. Managing sign-in log. Transfer incoming phone lines as necessary (answering service, Chemtrec).
Office and Kitchen Supplies
Ordering and stocking office, postal, and kitchen supplies, in a manner such that supplies never run out. Maintaining information about supply orders. Recycling toner cartridges.
Receiving, sorting and delivering incoming mail (preferably on the day received and no later than the next day) and packages. Preparing outgoing mail and packages.
Opening mail containing invoice payments and accurately logging payment information into receipts spreadsheet the same day. Gives the AR Associate the checks or makes the electronic deposit within the same business day.
Kitchen and Office Maintenance
Monitoring front kitchen twice daily. Keeping supplies at 100% and the rooms picked up. Running and emptying dishwasher at least twice weekly. Arranging for emptying of refrigerator and cleaning at least quarterly. Monitoring and restocking restrooms for paper towels and supplies. Reporting if office cleaners are not meeting expectations. Keeping reception area and conference rooms neat and clean. Organizing conference room nightly to ensure chairs are pushed in, garbage cans are emptied into the main kitchen, table is organized and free of clutter and paperwork.
Providing various kinds of office support and completing projects primarily for front office. For example:
- Maintaining phone list
- Producing labels for QA
- Setting up for meetings and conferences
- Producing copy projects, completing filing
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Taking customer phone orders to assist Customer Service when needed
Print, mail or provide items to Sales team or customers. Maintain and communicate inventory status of items. For example:
- Letters of guarantee
- Start-up books
- Bucket tags
- SDSs, safety posters and safety training
Assist the Marketing Department and others with the following;
- Making reservations for conferences, trade shows and other events, including reserving booth space, lodging, and coordinating employee attendance
- Assembling and distributing marketing materials
- Packing/unpacking the trade show booth
Accounts Payable Support
- Obtain, review and process vendor invoices and statements in a timely and accurate manner
- Work closely with other Accounting and Operations personnel to research and resolve vendor discrepancies and issues, including items received but not invoiced and open POs
- Vendor management, including W-9s and 1099s
- Assist with preparation for external review and audits
Consistently works in an enthusiastic, positive, motivated, professional, detail- and deadline-oriented manner, with an ongoing commitment to increasing customer delight (including internal customers). Identifies needs proactively and offers solution options.
Birko is an ISO 9001 Certified company. That means there are Standard Operating Procedures that are inherent to our success as a company. All positions require the following:
- Maintaining an awareness of and following procedures
- If procedures fail to result in desired outcome notifying supervisor
- Being involved in updates to procedures and suggesting improvements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of office experience; ability to operate common office machines
- Professional and polite demeanor, and strong customer (internal and external) service skills
- Handles sensitive data in a confidential manner
- Ability to use Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a proficient level
- Organized and detail oriented, able to work in fast paced environment and handle multiple incoming calls simultaneously
- Reliable, must be at work and on time consistently
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to work successfully in a team environment
- Speak, read, and write in English
- Must be able to answer phones, operate common office machines, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally