Reports to: Production Manager
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Driver's License: Valid state license
Location: Henderson, CO
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
Physical Requirements: This is a very physical position. Incumbent must be able to stand on his/her feet all day, moving, lifting, blending, and packaging products. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds frequently and throughout the day. Incumbent must wear PPE including respirator during mixing of chemicals.
The Chemical Blender is responsible for a variety of duties related to chemical production. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Blending liquid and dry chemicals, following SOPs, and packaging products.
- Supervising blending personnel, on-the-job training of personnel.
- Taking product samples and ensuring the quality of products being made and packaged.
- Ensuring that employees are working safely in the area.
- Communicating with supervisor to ensure documentation of process improvements.
- Helping to control inventory. Ensuring accurate posting of inventory transfers. Facilitating inventory cycle counting.
- Communicating maintenance needs to the supervisor and facilitating the repairs of equipment
- Working with supervisor to ensure that all demand is fulfilled.
- Cross-training with food-grade blender to ensure coverage of this department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Must be able to stand all day, lift up to 50-75 pounds frequently, move, bend, and manipulate machinery to blend chemicals. Must be able to follow detailed directions.
- Working knowledge of computers and manufacturing software.
- Working knowledge of product line.
- Safely operate forklift and other warehouse equipment.
- Speak, read, and write in English.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Chemical blending experience preferred
- Reliable, organized and detail oriented.
- Reliable, must be at work and on time consistently.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Forklift certification and/or training.
- Able to work in a team environment.
Please note, Birko conducts pre-employment and random drug screens. In addition, there will be a pre-employment background check.
At Birko, we take food safety seriously. Nothing is more important to us than making sure the food chain is secure, safe and pathogen free. The company has over 60 years of service to the food safety industry and manufactures more than 400 concentrated cleaning, sanitation, antimicrobial interventions and process chemical formulations.
Birko’s expertise and innovation in food safety is built on a strong technical foundation and our team of chemists and microbiologists are industry-leading experts. We supply over 60% of the Top 100 U.S. protein companies and 90% of the top 10 U.S. beef processors. Our penetration in the brewery sector is equally strong as evidenced by our many customers who are winners at the Great American Beer Fest! And in produce, our customers span the nation and include companies with household names and trusted products