Reports to: President
Education: B.S. in Marketing or related field
Driver's License: Henderson, CO
Travel: Occasional overnight travel required
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Physical Requirements: Physical ability to walk around the plant, operate routine office equipment, speak and hear via telephone, make presentations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Updated: November 2018
At Birko, we take food safety seriously. Nothing is more important to us than making sure the food chain is secure, safe and pathogen free. The company has over 60 years of service to the food safety industry and manufactures more than 400 concentrated cleaning, sanitation, antimicrobial interventions and process chemical formulations.
Birko’s expertise and innovation in food safety is built on a strong technical foundation and our team of chemists and microbiologists are industry-leading experts. We supply over 60% of the Top 100 U.S. protein companies and 90% of the top 10 U.S. beef processors. Our penetration in the brewery sector is equally strong as evidenced by our many customers who are winners at the Great American Beer Fest! And in produce, our customers span the nation and include companies with household names and trusted products
The Marketing Manager is a mid-to-senior level marketing generalist who has experience in strategy development and in day-to-day-operations. Someone who is hands-on and able to lead projects in all functional areas of Marketing; this includes branding, website development and use, sales support, advertising, collateral and content development, tradeshows and conferences, social media, public relations, coordination with external marketing agency, and a wide and constant variety of day-to-day coordination and administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Internal coordination and project management of a wide variety of day-to-day marketing projects and activities, ensuring projects are on schedule and within budget
- Close interaction with external marketing agency; conceiving campaigns, managing projects and providing information from Birko to the marketing agency
- Work closely with senior leadership team, technical sales and business development teams to identify and manage content strategy.
- Monitor and report on project status.
- Develop and manage Marketing budget
- Direct and instruct Administrative staff in various duties such as: booth and material shipment, answering website requests, registrations associated with conferences, trade shows and meetings. (approximately 60 events each year; varying in size)
- Creating, distributing and monitoring content and posts on social media
- Creating collateral and launching new products; create and roll out marketing toolkits with training and marketing materials (flyers, signage, etc.)
- Analyzing results and report on Marketing Automation campaigns
- Selecting, coordinating, and managing vendors (printers, photographers, trade show graphics, etc.)
- Managing public relations activities through use of outside Agency.
- Updating company website content via Word Press administration
- Evaluating marketing analytics and monitoring the effectiveness of strategies
Birko is an ISO 9001 Certified company. That means there are Standard Operating Procedures that are inherent to our success as a company. All positions require the following:
- Maintaining an awareness of and following procedures
- If procedures fail to result in desired outcome notifying supervisor
- Being involved in updates to procedures and suggesting improvements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 5-8 years marketing experience, preferably in a B2B environment and in the food safety or similar industry
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing or related field
- Strong Project Management training or certification. Must have the ability to personally drive projects and objectives to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative, strategic and tactical skills.
- High attention to detail with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs on a Windows-based platform
- Expertise in business use of all major social media platforms
- Experience in trade show/meeting planning
- WordPress or similar content management system experience required
- Marketing Automation software experience a plus
- Email Client (Constant Contact, MailChimp) experience a plus
- CRM software experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license required
- Occasional overnight travel required
Please note, Birko conducts pre-employment and random drug screens. In addition, there will be a pre-employment background check.